Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beckett Feels Better Following Hit to Head


As mentioned yesterday Josh Beckett received a hit to the head during batting practice yesterday and shown signs of a minor concussion. Today Beckett meet with press today saying that “I feel better.”

It appears as if a little rest at home paid off for Beckett.

"How do I feel? I feel arlight. I feel better today. I felt like I got hit in the head. I think getting rid of some of the headache stuff I had yesterday is probably good. No activity I guess today."

As for what he remember of the incidence or how he feels about it he went on to say.

"You go through a bunch of different emotions. At first, you're [mad] because you don't know what happened. Then, I tried to walk and I got real dizzy and just kind of took a knee. You just kind of go through everything. I really didn't even know what happened. I didn't know if I got hit by a ball from another field or what. "

It appears the injury occurred to behind the temple on the left side of his head. It sounds as if Beckett will be ok but will have to be monitored for the next couple of days to see how he feels. Though the headaches were gone from the accident he was dizzy and had trouble negotiating stairs. The Staff of the Red Sox are monitoring this situation closely. So close that Beckett went on the say. “They don’t even want me watching tv.”

The Red Sox have set no timetable on Beckett’s return to the mound. His next start is scheduled for Thursday against the Phillies. Most believe that this date will be pushed back until they know Beckett is 100 percent healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment