Friday, March 23, 2012

Jenks Arrested for DUI

Bobby Jenks has been nothing but disappointment since coming to the Red Sox. This morning but the final stamp on the disappointment when he was arrested around 3:43 am for driving under the influence as well as hit and run  property damage. Jenks was charged with four misdemeanor charges.

Jenks told the Lee County police that he was driving wild because "I took to many muscle relaxers."

In the passed Jenks has had issues with alcohol in the past and was demoted inside the Angels organization. Though Jenks has been quoted in 2010 saying.

"I no longer drink," he said. "No alcohol at all. Not even a beer here or there. Just things like that, really focusing on the future. It was a personal choice. It hadn't gotten too much. I just found myself not wanting to [drink] anymore. I just wanted to be more of a family man. Then this last year, I came to Christ and that was a big influence on my life."

Jenks was leaving Babes nightclub when the incident occurred. Jenks was not under the influence of alcohol as he blew a 0.00 but was of course high on his medication.

Jenks pitched in 19 games in 2011 after which he went on the disabled list. He also starts this season on the 60-day DL after having back surgery on December 31st.

The Red Sox will deal with this situation and are aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment